IF315's Book Recommendations:

IF315's Book Recommendations

Friday, December 23, 2011

Series - "Closer to Truth" Did God Create From Nothing? (3 of 3) (William Lane Craig)

Robert Lawrence Kuhn (host of PBS' "Closer to Truth") asks William Lane Craig how God created from nothing. Questions explored: What is the difference between a concrete and abstract object? What are examples of abstract objects? What is something that is logically and necessarily related? Do abstract objects have caual effects? What is platonism? Who is Plato? How is platonism inherently incompatible with Christianity? What is absolute creationism, fictionalism, and conceptualism?

- Nelis

2 comments:

  1. I hope you will leave this one up for a while, Jason. And, thus, I hope you are reading this comment. I suppose I will find out soon enough. Thanks, it may take a few listens to make firm sense of it. If not, I hope you can suggest where else to find the question and Dr. Craig's answer. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This one is heady! Nonetheless, I'm glad to hear Dr. Craig give three different plausible answers. I must add though, that I was surprised to hear him say that it at first produced - in his mind - "A dagger in the heart of his faith." I say that because of the existence of other sound arguments for God's existence. Not the least of which is the historical evidence for the resurrection of Jesus. In fact, I just finished N.T. Wright's "The Resurrection of the Son of God" in which he details this evidence. I would have assumed that Dr. Craig, knowing of this work and the other arguments for God's existence, would not have made such a "dagger in the heart" statement. I wonder if you agree with me, Pastor Jason, and perhaps you might give your take on why he would make such a statement? Like I said, it really surprises me to hear him say that he considered or feared it. Can you take this one on?

    ReplyDelete

About Us - The minds behind "Intelligent Faith 315"