IF315's Book Recommendations:

IF315's Book Recommendations

Monday, January 14, 2013

Coming to Love God, Question of the week by Dr. Craig


Here is my problem, Dr. Craig: I am as atheist as one can be. Never believed even for 1 minute in my life. However, when I think about it, as a philosopher, I have to admit that I have no good argument to disprove the existence of God. And what's more, watching online debates and reading papers, I find theistic arguments very compelling. The arguments you present, with which I am very acquainted, are sound arguments. Yet, and here is my problem, I am still not convinced. Moreover, I think this: what if I met God today? Surely I will believe in his existence. But why worship? Even if arguments convince me that God exists, why should I care? Either I worship because if I fail to do so God will torture me for ever, or I accept his friendship voluntarily. But what if I don't want to be his friend?
Carl
United States


Click HERE to read Dr. Craig's answer

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us - The minds behind "Intelligent Faith 315"