IF315's Book Recommendations:

IF315's Book Recommendations

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Inter-Racial Marriage and Same Sex Marriage


Dear Dr. Craig,
Thanks for the work you do. I greatly appreciate it.
My question concerns a commonly made argument for same-sex marriage. The argument essentially says that it was wrong to prohibit interracial marriages. Since prohibiting same-sex marriages is analogous to prohibiting interracial marriages, we ought to allow same-sex marriages.
Obviously this argument has great emotional and rhetorical appeal. But I was wondering if you could comment on the strength of such an argument. I recognize that if one could point out a relevant difference between interracial marriage and same-sex marriage, then the argument would fail. I've heard several suggestions for such differences, but I was hoping to get your perspective. Thanks.
Zachary
United States

Click HERE to read Dr. Craig's answer

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us - The minds behind "Intelligent Faith 315"