IF315's Book Recommendations:

IF315's Book Recommendations

Monday, April 29, 2013

The Mind behind the Universe


Dear Dr. Craig,
Thank you for the amazing work you do in your ministry.
Last year I studied Philosophy of Mind at my university, after hearing your advice to do such on the RF podcast. I found it extremely interesting and it certainly opened me up to a few realities about the field that I wouldn't have expected to be true (such as the increasing number of modern philosophers that are leaning towards dualism).
To my question: It seems to me that your suggestion, that the only rational cause for the universe is an unembodied mind, presupposes dualism. What do you consider to be the best arguments for dualism, in light of the materialist majority?
Moreover, what do you consider to be the best argument for an unembodied mind as the first cause over an abstract object? Could the 'multiverse', as described by Prof. Lawrence Krauss and other New Atheists, be such an abstract object? If so, does this put the notion of an unembodied mind as the first cause into second place?
Thank you for your assistance, it is much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Ben
United States


Click HERE to read Dr. Craig's answer


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Us - The minds behind "Intelligent Faith 315"