IF315's Book Recommendations:

IF315's Book Recommendations

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Video Response #1 - To My Atheist Friend, Michael - 18 Questions

Can the Atheistic Worldview Answer 18 Questions of Fundamental Human Experience?

Is Atheism An Effective Explanation for what we observe in the Universe?

This is a video response to my atheistic friend, Michael, who recently began a dialogue with me regarding the evidence for the Christian Worldview.  In this video, I respectfully respond to the answers he gave me, and try to show how the worldview of atheism lacks any real explanatory power or explanatory scope.

I encourage you to go to our YouTube Channel HERE and watch the exchange surrounding the video I produced entitled "18 Questions: An Invitation For My Atheist Friends", which was viewed over 1,300 times in two weeks.

The 18 Questions I pose to my atheistic, naturalistic, and materialistic friends are the following:
  1. How do you explain the Origin of the Universe?
  2. How do you explain the Mathematical Fine-Tuning of the Universe?
  3. How do you explain the Terrestrial Fine-Tuning of Planet Earth?
  4. How do you explain the Biological Fine-Tuning of Complex Life on Earth?
  5. How do you explain the Informational Fine-Tuning of the DNA molecule?
  6. How do you explain the Origin of Mathematical Laws?
  7. How do you explain the Origin of Logical Laws?
  8. How do you explain the Origin of Physical/Natural Laws?
  9. How do you explain the Origin of the First Cell?
  10. How do you explain the Origin of Human Reason?
  11. How do you explain the Origin of Human Consciousness?
  12. How do you explain the Origin of Objective Morality?
  13. How do you explain Ultimate Meaning in Life?
  14. How do you explain Ultimate Value in Life?
  15. How do you explain Ultimate Purpose in Life?
  16. How do you explain the Unliveability of Atheism/Materialism?
  17. How do you explain the Incompatibility of Atheism/Materialism?
  18. How do you explain the Illogical nature of Atheism/Materialism?
I hope you can benefit from the exchange we are developing on these 18 Questions.  I will be posting other video responses soon.

Have an Intelligent Faith!

Pastor  J. 


1 comment:

  1. Just a few observations, Pastor J. First of all, I could only watch 27 minutes of this video, and limited my viewing of the one aimed at Bionic Dance to 20 minutes, before I shut them down. From this amount of time, it appears that you did little but try to address a host of misconceptions, and irrelevant sidebars. It's my opinion that if you really want to fight in the trenches, then you'll have to engage in a higher level of intellectual debate. Perhaps that is in your future as you polish and sharpen your own skills, which to this point are already plentiful.

    Thank you for the invitation to submit my questions, via the kind e-mail you sent me. I will certainly do that, and as soon as possible. Please keep in mind that these questions are coming from a believer, so they will concentrate on Christian theology, and not atheism.

    And so that you don't think you're the only apologist who has to correct misunderstandings coming from atheists, consider Voltaire. He is clearly best regarded as a Deist, or a sometimes-Pantheist, yet even educated atheists claim him as one of their own. In fact, he had little regard for atheists. "He urged the reconstruction of religion on the basis of the Supreme Being as disclosed in nature" - Alister McGrath. There you go, you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete

About Us - The minds behind "Intelligent Faith 315"